Aug 23, 2010

Steve Wozniak: Use A Verizon MiFi As Backup For Your IPhone

Apple founder Steve Wozniak loves his iPhone but recommends carrying "a second Verizon phone for backup” or to “carry a MiFi and rely on Skype on your iPhone,” he told dealer Henk van Ess when ordering a Mifi 2352 to use in Europe. Woz was angry after getting a $7,000 bill from AT&T for a half day's use of his iPhone, especially because he was supposed to be on an international unlimited plan.
Woz wrote "If you can afford it, carry a second Verizon phone for backup. Another option is to carry a Verizon mifi and rely on Skype on your iPhone. I have used this mifi technique to rescue my own, and others’, iPhones on occasion. If you buy a Verizon Palm Pre, you get free mifi on it so that is possible the best ‘compromise’ solution, to carry a Verizon Palm Pre along with your AT&T iPhone 4. ... I was in Germany 1 year ago for the World Segway Polo championships and after half a day got notified that I had a $7000 bill for data.
I called AT&T’s customer support and told them that I always had an international plan as I travel a lot and it must have accidentally been removed when I bought my iPhone (3 GS ?)."
In particular, "They keep trying to take my unlimited plans back when they think I’m not looking. I was expecting them to do this....I went to the AT&T store and they swore up and down that I would not lose my plans and they knew what they were talking about. ...
I’ve heard of that sort of problem countless times, from friends and in the press. I had done everything a person could have done to be safe about this, but they still tried to take my plan away behind my back, figuring I wouldn’t notice it for months."


FREE sample (Connectors, power supply charger, Cable & Wire harness FOR mobile)


Original Article Here